Keep a Pet-Safe Garage

Categories: Did You Know
Tags:

pets-garageGarages are common storage areas for pesticides, fertilizers, cleaning agents, and other chemicals. Using our professional services reduces or eliminates the need for many of these products. But there is one common item people often aren’t aware of that can be deadly if ingested.

The common antifreeze, ethylene glycol, tastes and smells sweet to pets (as well as children), but is deadly if they lap it up. A single teaspoon of regular antifreeze can kill a cat. Clean up any spills immediately, or buy “safe” antifreeze (propylene glycol), which is non-toxic for pets and wildlife.

Keep antifreeze and all cleaners, insecticides, etc., in a closed cabinet where curious pets can’t get to them and tip them over.